At the start of 2014 I wrote a post about what my goals were for this year. Now that we are 9 months in I thought it would be good to see how much progress I’ve made. And yes, I do agree that I should have done this 6 months in.
(Charts generated using the awesome pygal library. Code can be found here.)
- Learning Go – 10% progress has been made on this. I got distracted by various other things happening in life and forgot about this endeavor. I think I can still achieve this.
- Reading three research papers a month – I’m disappointed that I haven’t been able to keep up with this. While I have read a lot of research papers this year, it falls short of my goal of three a month. Papers I have read include Omega, Orleans, Photon, Raft, Paxos Made Simple, and F1.
- Blog more – My original post was pretty ambiguous by what I meant by “more”. Let’s assume “more” meant 4 posts a month. I’m tempted to make a POST related joke here but I won’t.
- Play guitar for at least 30 minutes a day – I think I’m averaging 20 minutes a day.
- Work out 6 days a week and start running again – Achieved minus the running. I’m definitely going to make up for that in the last 4 months though.
One thought on “Unresolved Resolutions”