It’s that time of the year again, where people make lists of things they want to achieve in the new year. Here’s mine:
- Learn a new programming language: learning Go has been on my radar for a long time now. I like how the language looks and it has a few features that seem really awesome (this is probably my favorite). The first thing I write in it will most probably be an implementation of 2 phase commit, mainly to see how hard/easy it is to write concurrent code.
- Read three research papers a month: I read a lot of research papers for CS 525, and it was something I really enjoyed. I’ll be focusing mainly on distributed systems papers, but I might read some papers on machine learning as well. First few papers on the list: F1 and Raft.
- Blog more: I hardly blogged at all in 2013. Hopefully 1 and 2 above will give me more things to write about.
- Play guitar for at least 30 minutes everyday.
- Work out 6 days a week. And start running again.
Happy new year.