At the beginning of the year I published a post outlining what some of my goals for the year were. In the spirit of being transparent, here is the progress I made on them over the course of September –
- 100% self availability over the course of the month.
- Volunteered for 0 hours 😦
- Little to no procrastination. Minus a tiny bit of laziness regarding buying tickets for Hawaii.
- Continued being honest and open over the course of September.
- Made a tiny bit of progress on learning Rust. This was mostly just reading blog posts about Rust.
- I read 2 books in September — Slaughterhouse-Five (I read this book for the first time in 2012. And I was unimpressed. But re-reading it in 2016, with a new found appreciation and understanding of Kurt Vonnegut, made me realize how brilliant and amazing this book is) and The Nightingale (I LOVED this book! It’s beautifully written, with an engaging story, a haunting backdrop, and well developed characters. It made me cry quite a bit. This is one of my favorite books of all time).
- I read 1 research paper — Design patterns for container-based distributed systems. I wrote a post about it as well.
- I wrote 4 posts.
- I didn’t really play much guitar in September.
- (a) (goal achieved)
(b) (goal achieved)
(c) (goal achieved)
(d) (goal achieved)
(e) (goal achieved)