At the beginning of the year I published a post outlining what some of my goals for the year were. In the spirit of being transparent, here is the progress I made on them over the course of August –
- 65%-75% self availability over the course of the month.
- Volunteered for 0 hours 😦
- An embarrassing amount of procrastination.
- August 2016 was, by far, the most honest and open I’ve ever been in my life. The experiences I’ve had during this month have helped me grow a lot and certain moments are most definitely imprinted on the fabric of my mind.
- Made zero progress on learning Rust.
- I only managed to read one book in August — Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (a good, but NOT great, book).
- I read 2 research papers — Real-Time Twitter Recommendation: Online Motif Detection in Large Dynamic Graphs and High-Availability at Massive Scale: Building Google’s Data Infrastructure for Ads (I LOVED this paper. I will be writing a post about it soon).
- I wrote 5 posts.
- I learned to play 2-3 songs on the guitar.
(Note to self — I need to learn more non-metal songs. Any time someone asks me to play a song the interaction is always along the lines of:
“Oh cool! Why don’t you play something?”
“Sure, but you probably haven’t heard the song.”
Yes, almost none of my friends listen to metal music)
- (a) (goal achieved)
(b) (goal achieved)
(c) (goal achieved)
(d) (goal achieved)
(e) (goal achieved)