At the beginning of the year I published a post outlining what some of my goals for the year were. In the spirit of being transparent, here is the progress I made on them over the course of July –
- Was there for everyone who needed me for most of the month.
- Volunteered for 0 hours.
- Quite a bit of procrastination.
- Honest and open. As always.
- Made some good progress on learning Rust! I wrote about it here and here.
- I read four books over the course of July: Mother Night (another amazing book by Kurt Vonnegut), Here (I LOVED the artwork in this graphic novel. I wish it had a better story though), DC/Dark Horse: Aliens (an action-packed, fun read), and Foundation (This is the first Asimov book I’ve read and I loved it! It was quite unlike any other sci-fi book I’ve ever read, and I can’t wait to read the rest of the books in this classic series).
- I read 2 research papers: Disruptor and COST. I’ll be writing about them soon.
- I wrote 8 posts.
- I learned to play at least one song on the guitar. Minus the solo.
- (a) (goal achieved)
(b) (goal achieved)
(c) (goal achieved)
(d) I ran the first half of the SF Marathon!
(e) (goal achieved)