At the beginning of the year I published a post outlining what some of my goals for the year were. In the spirit of being transparent, here is the progress I made on them over the course of June –
- Was there for everyone who needed me.
- Volunteered for ~2 hours.
- A tiny bit of procrastination.
- June 2016 was probably the most honest and open I’ve ever been in my life. I expressed my feelings without holding back in the slightest.
- No progress made on learning Rust. Sigh.
- I read four books over the course of June: Contact (an exquisite sci-fi masterpiece), Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore (I was smiling the entire time and didn’t want this book to end), Fortune Smiles (enjoyed all but one of the stories in this book), The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry (I LOVED THIS BOOK. It is definitely one of my favorite books of all time).
- I read 3 research papers: MillWheel, TensorFlow, and Wide & Deep Learning for Recommender Systems.
- I wrote 5 posts.
- I learned to play 0 new songs on the guitar. That’s two months now without any guitar playing progress. I need to rectify this.
- (a) (goal achieved)
(b) (goal achieved)
(c) (goal achieved)
(d) I started training for the SF half marathon.
(e) (goal achieved)