At the beginning of the year I published a post outlining what some of my goals for the year were. In the spirit of being transparent, here is the progress I made on them over the course of May –
- Was there for everyone who needed me.
- Zero volunteering. Sigh.
- No procrastination!
- Continued my trend of always being honest and open.
- No progress made on learning Rust. I really need to work on this.
- I read three books over the course of May: Snow Crash (I enjoyed portions of the book, but overall I thought it was OK), God Bless You, Dr. Kevorkian (LOVED IT. I wish it were longer), Here’s Looking at Euclid: A Surprising Excursion Through the Astonishing World of Math (I bought this book in 2014 and have been reading it in bits and pieces ever since. It’s a wonderful book. As a person who loves mathematics, reading this book was delightful)
- I read 1 research paper.
- I wrote 1 post.
- I learned to play 0 new songs on the guitar.
- (a) (goal achieved)
(b) (goal achieved)
(c) (goal achieved)
(d) I started training for the SF half marathon.
(e) (goal achieved)