At the beginning of the year I published a post outlining what some of my goals for the year were. In the spirit of being transparent, here is the progress I made on them over the course of January –
- Due to personal reasons I don’t think I made myself as available as I could have. I’m sorry.
- Zero volunteering done in January. I’m disappointed that I missed this goal in the very first month of the year.
- Made good progress on keeping the procrastination down to a minimum (I’d say almost zero procrastination).
- Was completely honest and open throughout the course of January. Almost painfully so.
- I realized that my Rust skills were a bit…rusty. I re-read the first two chapters of the Rust book.
- I read 4 books over the course of January: Seveneves (I really enjoyed it. The second half of the book was fantastic), The Sandman, Vol. 2: The Doll’s House (excellent. This series is so good!), The Complete Maus (no book has made me cry so much. This is my favorite book of all time), and Kafka on the Shore (very enjoyable and probably my favorite story by Murakami so far. I added numerous lines from this book to my list)
- I read 3 research papers: Hekaton, f4, and Borg.
- I wrote 15 blog posts.
- Made good progress at playing the guitar. I started a separate website for tracking this.
- (a) Did not run an 8 min mile. In fact the best I did this month was 9m50s.
(b) Made very good progress at doing a handstand. I’m fairly confident I should be able to do one by the end of February.
(c) Managed to squat 285 lb. ~15 more lb to go!
(d) Did not run any half marathons.
(e) Managed to do one muscle up with +20 lb on me. Yay goal achieved!