At the beginning of the year I published a post outlining what some of my goals for the year were. In the spirit of being transparent, here is the progress I made on them over the course of March –
- ~3.5 hours of volunteering at the Family Dog Rescue with a friend of mine who volunteers there every Sunday. When I move to San Francisco I shall do the same.
- Zero shyness. Still need to decide if that’s a good thing or not haha.
- No progress made on learning Rust or Erlang.
- 3 books read — Station Eleven (loved it; extremely well written and engaging, and not what you’d expect from a novel set, for the most part (the narrative jumps back and forth in time), in a post apocalyptic world), Before Watchmen: Comedian/Rorschach (picked it up while looking at apartments in SF; I enjoyed it. But then again, I’m a massive Watchmen fan), and Death of Wolverine (1/2 of a birthday gift from a close friend of mine. Thank you! It’s a fun read, though I wish it had been longer).
- Instead of reading 2 research papers this month I’d decided to read The Architecture of Open Source Applications: Volume 1 instead. Failed terribly at this endeavor unfortunately. Only managed to read one chapter 😦
- 8 blog posts.
- Zero muscle ups.